Wednesday, November 14, 2012

AOTR INTERVIEWS AUTHOR HANNAH SPIVEY




AOTR is happy to bring you an interview with talented author: Hannah Spivey. Please support by purchasing her book.


AOTR: Please tell us about yourself and your debut book.

H.S: My name is Hannah D. Spivey. I am from S. Florida and I currently reside in Atlanta. I have an Associate's Degree in Business Administration and my book is entitled, "Ebony the Beloved". It is about a young girl named Ebony who has been through more hell than Precious and Celie put together.

 
AOTR: Why did you write your book and where did the inspiration come from?
 
 
H.S: I wrote the book based on some on my personal experiences and reading books by other authors such as, Kimberla Lawson Roby and Mary Monroe is what inspired me to create my first book.
 
 
AOTR: What important lessons or teaching where you trying to convey?
 
 
H.S: I want readers to know that they're not defined by their circumstances and they can move far beyond any obstacle in their lives.


AOTR: With so many books on the market, what sets yours apart?
 

H.S: Well, my book is so realistic that people have asked me if the book is completely about me. It is the kind of book that will invoke every emotion inside of you. The book isn't completely about me but it is realistic enough to make people scratch and shake their heads. My novel is kind of like a semi-autobiography tale.


AOTR: In one sentence tell a reader why they should read your book for their next selection.

HS: My book is so raw, you'll want to yank the antagonists out of the book and b*tch slap them to the 100th power.

AOTR: What do you hope people will take away after finishing your book?

H.S: I want them to see how serious abuse is and that if they've ever endured a similar experience as Ebony or know someone who has, they will feel compelled to resolve the problem.


AOTR: How did you go about becoming an author?

H.S: I contacted literary agents and indie publishers before I became published via my publisher. It took me six months to secure a publishing deal.


AOTR: What is the best advice someone in the book industry gave you? What advice would you give to someone right now trying to get published or publish a book?

H.S: Oh, wow...I'd say the best advice I was given was...treat your book like a business. I tell aspiring authors to do their homework on the publishing business and to consider if it would be a field they'd want to treat like a career or hobby. Also, I'd tell them if they're going to solicit traditional publishers and literary agents, their manuscript should be fine tuned as well as their query letters. Traditional publishers and literary agents are fastidious about those things because that is how they make their living.

AOTR: If you were not an author what career field would you be in?


H.S: I'd be a Forensic Technician.

AOTR: What do you pray your legacy will be?

H.S: I pray that I'd like to be known as the author who wrote books that were unconventional and have broken barriers for fearless-minded aspiring authors.

AOTR: How can readers contact you and find out more information about you and your books?


H.S: They can reach on Twitter @Bossladywriter, my fan page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hannah-Dorothy-Spivey/120604468051641?ref=ts&fref=ts
They can also google me at "Author Hannah Spivey" or "Ebony the Beloved". They can find my novel "Ebony the Beloved" on Amazon, Kindle, Barnes and Nobles, Books-A-Million, and Ebay. Avid readers can also find my e-books "Payback is a Son of B*tch" "Lloyd Tube (A Crazed Fan's Revenge)" and "My Sherry Amor" on Kindle. I am also working on my second novel "The Bold and the Ugly Truth" which will be released in the first quarter of 2013. :-)

 

Hannah's 10 Favorites:
Day- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Holiday – None
Food - Roast Beef/Turkey sandwiches, chicken, hot pockets, and chocolate with almonds, peanuts, or walnuts.
CD- Lloyd - Street Love, Ron Henderson - Choice of Colour, Tupac - R U Still Down (Remember Me?)
Crackin - Special Touch, Lauryn Hill - Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, and Culture Club - Colour by Numbers.
City - Atlanta
Friend - Latoya, Marisa, Cora, and Lily
Quote - I'd rather be hated for something I am than loved for something I'm not.
Book- God Don't Like Ugly Series by Mary Monroe
Teacher - Mr. Joe Costello and Ms. Harrell. They were the best Algebra teachers I ever had. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment